To apply for a student visa, you must be at least six (6) years of age (additional arrangements exist for underage students).
What this visa allows you to do:
- work up to 40 hours per fortnight while your course is in session and unlimited hours during your school holidays
- multiple travel facility to enter to and leave Australia until visa expiry date
- depending on your country of citizenship, you may be eligible to bring your partner and children with you to Australia
- depending on your course of study, your partner will also have work rights (either 40 hours per fortnight or unlimited work hours).
- at least 80 per cent course attendance
- maintain valid Overseas Student Health Cover during the full length of your studies
- if bringing your children with you to Australia, and they’re over five (5) years of age, they must be enrolled at an Australian Government School.